Username
Password

Orissa on 2wheels
Home coming ride by Ramneek Singh
Journey To MalGudi Days by Tanmoy Das

*ShoutBox

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The xKmph Kolkata Offline Bikers ADDA (28th August 2011)  (Read 4038 times)
sadhchymeTopic starter
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 254

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 100
Referrals: 0

Mood:

Awards
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »

27th august – I open my facebook account and see a invite to an event “THE KOLKATA XKMPH BIKER’S OFFLINE MEET”. As soon as I opened the page it had written on it that on the 28th of august there is supposed to be a meet at 11am, place still to be decided. There were mentioned that the people who were attending the meet and it included the likes of Santanu Banerjee(MODERATER), Suman Gurung, Tanmoy Ganguly(Runner’ s up at TRUE WANDERERS) and many more. It was my dream to meet with all of them and to my surprise I had them in my city planning a gtg. It has long been when the last gtg took place. Never gave it a second thought and decided to be there on time. Called up as many friends and xkmph members as I could to inform them about the gtg.

28th august –  Got up early in the morning gave my bike a nice wash and off I went to the roads of rajarhat. The meeting place was decided to be city centre2.  I meet up with ramneek(Xkmph member)  at my place and we went straight to city centre 2. On our way I saw someone raising there hands from within a taxi and calling ramneek. On questioning ramneek told me that it was Suman Da. One can only imagine how excited I was. On parking our bikes we first met Santanu da, Suman Da, our very own technical expert Mr. Rohit Kumar was also present. We started introducing ourselves when slowly slowly all the other people started coming and it didn’t take us long when there wasn’t any parking space in the corner of the road and we had to shift base to Axis Mall. In the mean time Tanmoy Ganguly( better known as tanny) came on arghya’s blue r15, Soumajit on his fzs and Suman Chatterjee on his green Ninja 650. Im sorry guys don’t remember everybody’s name otherwise would have mentioned about you. Any way as told earlier we shifted to Axis Mall. On route Mr Rohit Kumar rode my bike and we were all enjoying our ride as a big bad group. Then  finally after reaching Axis mall we chatted with each other, shared our views about our machines and about a whole lot of things. Unfortunately Mr Rohit Kumar had to leave early as he had an early train to catch up. Santanu da and myself accompanied Sir to his cab and wished him a safe journey. After we came back to the food court where everybody were present we saw that each of them were almost ready to hit the road. What’s a get-to-gether  if there isn’t any ride. No destination decided we just started to roll.

Parking inside axis mall.

outside axis mall

National highway 2

In no time we went past rajarhat, and after crossing belghoria expressway we were strolling on the sweet nh2. We were relishing our experience, riding in a big fat group reminded me of my Chandinpur days. It was a new experience for many of us too. We were so carried away in the trill that we almost forgot to feed or machines and just when it was going to hit the reserves we filled em up. Now its no co-incidence that just after our machines are full we get an instant urge to turn the throttle a lot more and just let go of our senses. We wnjoyed the cool breeze and though it was raining at some points we enjoyed our ride. We went a long way before coming to a halt at a dhaba.(Hindustan Dhaba as far as I remember). Had a very delicious lunch clicked some nice photos. I myself fulfilled one of my dreams rode Arghya’s r15 (thanks for letting me ride your machine). After finishing our meal we chatted a bit more and then started our return journey. The return journeys were more of a solo ride for each of us. Everybody enjoying natures beauty in his own way.
After all have left for their home I took Santanu da as my pillion and Ramneek took Suman da as his and we dropped them at park street. It was a great success and finally the Kolkata xkmph is coming into the map. Hoping for more such gtg’s.  We seriously missed some of our Kolkata members would have loved it if you people were here( Avik da, bhaskar da, subho da, evan bhai, jityaditya da, abhisek, D_j da and many more). Here are a few pictures.
All the others who took pictures please upload them.  

On our way back
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:30:38 AM by santanu » Logged

tanny
gimme fuel, gimme fire
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

I call her RiV

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 148kmph [Pulsar 200NS]

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:06:14 AM »

that was a wonderful day...feels great to see people in flesh & bones when they seemed to be known for so many days... Smiley
though I must apologize for the fact that I'm generally absent in small rides and G2Gs, but I sincerely spent the day in fun!!

those Highway pic are pretty good SADH Cool

RUNNERs UP in

D_J
Truly xKmphian

Biker Rating 506

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 119 Kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 11:27:10 AM »

28th....oh no... Cry

just missed it by a whisker !!

The Real Voyage Of Discovery Consists Not In Making New Landscapes , But In Having New Eyes !!!
santanu
KEEP BIKING
Administrator

Biker Rating 3966

Ride Hard Ride Safe !!!

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 127 kmph in Karizma

Mood:

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »

as tanny said, it was a great day out with Kolkata Bikers. Really enjoyed the day in company of so many enthusiasts
@ sadh : nice log & pictures.

Thanks guys you all made my day.

So pics from the Kolkata Bikers Adda :

CATCH XKMPH AT

D_J
Truly xKmphian

Biker Rating 506

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 119 Kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »

wow !! big gang !!

The Real Voyage Of Discovery Consists Not In Making New Landscapes , But In Having New Eyes !!!
swastik.basu
Jr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 75

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 111kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »

28th August was a gread day spent with the Xkmphians & it was a great successful G2G.
It was great to finally meet Santanu da, Suman da, Tanny & other fellow members.
Hope we would see more G2G's & great trips from now on........... Grin

Ride Fast, but don't Ride Rough............& don't forget to RIDE HARD
Joe Rocks
Offline Moderator

Biker Rating 732

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 122 kmph on Bullet Electra

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »

Gooooooooooshhhh!!! Missed it big, my bad  Sad Huh  Looking forward to the forerunners of xKmph Kolkata to convert these quickies to biggies soon. What's the update on the Deul ride?? Who all are joining??

JoE..

Follow Our Great Escapade

http://xkmph.com/ladakhonwheels/b

~ Speak less.. Ride More ~
~ Ride Hard.. Ride Safe ~
~ Wear a lid, before you speed ~
Arunava
New xkmphian

Biker Rating 53

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 110 kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 04:27:42 PM »

ME also missed it ....... However It was gr8 .... nice pics SADH ............ Hope to catch you guys next time ..................
santanu
KEEP BIKING
Administrator

Biker Rating 3966

Ride Hard Ride Safe !!!

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 127 kmph in Karizma

Mood:

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »

sure friends, me too wished many to join. Hope to meet you guys next time for sure.

CATCH XKMPH AT

Arunava
New xkmphian

Biker Rating 53

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »

Hay Santanu Da wanted to meet you personaly Ill try for sure Next time............

And ya I saw some one Without Helmet .. If There are Other reason then Its OK but It Should have been Avoided
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:04:22 PM by Arunava » Logged
Speed_Sam
xKmphian

Biker Rating 120

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 215 kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »

Hey sadh awesome write up bro, thanks for the pics guys, was eagerly waiting for them, all set it to make it bigger our flagship ride to deul and thereafter....more to come  Smiley

RIDE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW
ramneek
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 112 kms/hr

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »

finally a kolkata xkmph g2g took place and boy it was successful!!!

got to meet many like minded people... made many friends...

lets keep the momentum going kolkata guys... a lot more to come...

cheers...

Life is full of downhill thrills and upwards climbs.. So just wear a helmet n enjoy the ride...
Arunava
New xkmphian

Biker Rating 53

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »

oOOOOO HELL YA ............  LOADS OF THING ARE WAITING..............
jEEt (Jitaditya)
Jr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 67

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 139 Kmph on Duke 200

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »

woh Man!!!!

How could you forget me? Sadh, ekta call to kortish.... I was waiting for this G2G since long re.... Every1 has been so busy and Joe has left for Hyderabad. Bhai.... I'm in kolkata.... I think I'm paying for not being on FB ... Shux mannn...................... Ne ways ,it seem like you all have enjoyed alot... Great pics Sadh.... Did you compile the one with the Electric pole as HDR ? Good one!! Keep in touch!!!

Check out my latest trip @ https://www.facebook.com/LadakhOnWheels
http://xkmph.com/discuss/index.php?topic=3759.0      

~Live Fee Ride Hard~
            ~Wear your Helmet and then Start~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CATCH XKMPH ON :

xkmph.com

All Rights Reserved by xKmph.com ( a part of xKmph India )
xKmph.com is proudly powered by XKMPH INDIA