Username
Password

Orissa on 2wheels
Home coming ride by Ramneek Singh
Journey To MalGudi Days by Tanmoy Das

*ShoutBox

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: xkmph kolkata's ride for a cause - ride to help the helpless fight cold  (Read 4475 times)
Speed_Sam
xKmphian

Biker Rating 120

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 215 kmph
Referrals: 0

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »

@Swastik:
First of all kudos to Ramneek for all.........thinking, executing & writing Shocked
to Speed_Sam too for all his efforts & taking xKmph to a new height in Kolkata... Grin
As I clearly mentioned in my log that everyone did their job perfectly Smiley , sure me and ramneek do our part but xKmph Koalkata is nothing without you all, so I aggree with you and say Kudos and \m/ \m/ to all of us...and Love you lots brother.

@Arunav:
I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY AS EVERYTHING HAD BEEN TOLD BUT ONE THING THAT I AM THANKFUL TO XKMPH KOLKATA THAT I AM A PART IS THIS WHAT OTHERS CALLED MADNESS SOME SAYS WASTE OF TIME  SOME SAYS IT IS NOT FOR US BUT I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THIS IS WHAT A BIKING CLUB OR TEAM OR WHATEVER YOU SAY..... ITS XKMPH AND THE BROTHERHOOD
xKmph kolkata brotherhood/family whatever you call it, we will make sure there will one day when everyone will have a different perception about a biker club and specially about xKmph, Smiley and we all love you and glad that you are with us. Smiley and the 25 BORA/sack thing was a nice touch I must say Tongue

@Avtar:
It really feels good after being a part of such a good cause. I was not sure till the last moment (the evening before distribution) whether I would be able to join this event or not, and now I really know what I would have missed out...
Ramneek, Sam: nice write up man! I re-lived the moments!
 That was the Idea brother...and we loved it when we saw you, even though you did not have your bike, you came with your spirit and we salute that Smiley Love you praji
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:48:38 AM by Speed_Sam » Logged

RIDE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW
ramneekTopic starter
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 112 kms/hr

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 09:55:42 PM »

my write up for the cause ride is uploaded at the website of the good news chronicles.

in spite of having trained and professionally writers, they chose my write up to be uploaded..

kind of proud of this fact...

Smiley

check it out here -

http://thegoodnewschronicle.com/ts201201072.asp

Life is full of downhill thrills and upwards climbs.. So just wear a helmet n enjoy the ride...
Joe Rocks
Offline Moderator

Biker Rating 732

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 122 kmph on Bullet Electra

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 10:06:56 PM »

Congrats buddy  Smiley to you and the entire team

JoE..

Follow Our Great Escapade

http://xkmph.com/ladakhonwheels/b

~ Speak less.. Ride More ~
~ Ride Hard.. Ride Safe ~
~ Wear a lid, before you speed ~
Avtar
xKmphian

Biker Rating 167

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 136 KMPH

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 02:40:58 PM »

@Ramneek: Your write ups are just too good.....who knows in future we see you in the Media House  Smiley
ramneekTopic starter
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 09:01:40 PM »

Thanks a lot joe n avy bro...

check out the beautifully compiled video log of our cause ride by the good news chronicle team.

a must watch guys...

http://www.thegoodnewschronicle.com/video.asp?vdo=1

Life is full of downhill thrills and upwards climbs.. So just wear a helmet n enjoy the ride...
ramneekTopic starter
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »

for those of u who find the above detailed write up long and boring, here is a short version i recently wrote for a magazine. it didnt get selected there but those who want to brush through the event its perfect. have a look -

On a quiet and cold winter morning, when the whole city of Kolkata was peacefully sleeping in the comfort of their beds and warm quilts, a group of spirited bikers were out on the roads for a very special ride. A ride thought and executed by xkmph Kolkata where they managed to collect more than 1000 pieces of old warm clothes and distributed the same among the poor and homeless street dwellers in course of a ride. What started off as a small idea in their minds, turned out to be a unique and noble initiative.

With limited resources and just the power of social media the group started full scale promotion of the event a good one month in advance. But the response was lukewarm as people took a long time to take the initiative of the bikers seriously resulting in no donation in the initial few days. But the determined bikers did not lose their hearts and derived their inspiration from the famous shloka of the Bhagwad Gita - "Do your deeds and don't expect anything in return. Just focus on your deeds, don't bother about the result." and kept on working towards their goal of doing their bit for the society.

Ultimately, they managed to get a breakthrough. They were successful in tying up with The Good News Chronicle, an upcoming newspaper. The entire media coverage was taken up by them and soon advertisement of xkmph Kolkata’s-“ride to help the helpless fight cold” was aired on a leading FM radio channel and posters of the event were put up on various places. Surprisingly though even after all the promotion the response for the donation was nothing to boast about.

Still keeping their hopes high, the group now got down to planning and preparing for the ride. A week prior to the ride they set out for a survey ride in the wee hours of the morning to see the approximate number of people sleeping on the streets. The result of the survey ride was exactly as they had expected as they came across thousands of people who call the streets as their home. Their appalling situation made them even more determined to do something for them. A second survey ride was carried on by them where they prepared a precise route plan marking the stops for donation.

After completing all the background work and planning they now left everything on the almighty. Ultimately, the words of the Bhagwad Gita came true. They started getting calls for donation initially from just friends and family members. But later on, from unknown people who had no connection to bikes or biking but who identified with their idea and came forward to contribute. In the last couple of days before the ride each member of the group ran around to different nooks and corners of Kolkata to collect donation from different people. Mark Lethron, a core member went as far as the neighboring towns of Siliguri and Durgapur to collect donations.

Finally the day arrived when all their hard work of the previous few weeks was to be tested. In the end they were happy and satisfied to see that they had managed to collect more than 1000 pieces of clothes. But their job was far from over. Then started the process of sorting the clothes for male, female, children and miscellaneous. They then packed the clothes in bags with their respective tags and were now ready to ride.

On the morning before Christmas, the Santa clauses on their respective “two-wheeled sleighs” set out for their ride for a cause. The ride went on as planned. Wherever they went they were greeted by similar reactions and expressions in several hues. They saw expressions of astonishment and surprise which later turned into feelings of gratitude and happiness and lastly smiles of appreciation. “All our hard work was worth it when we saw the smiles on their faces” said Soumajit, one of the moderators of the group. In the end they reached their final stop where they gave away the last piece of cloth. The ride ended with a big hug between the group members. The happiness and satisfaction could be seen from their moist eyes.

The one piece of cloth given by them might not matter much in the lives of the poor people but it did give them a reason to smile. “Who knows, one of the old persons might survive another winter because of the quilt that we gave him” added Swastik. Ultimately, xkmph Kolkata was successful in meeting their objective of doing something different for the society with the hope that their initiative would change the negative mindset of common people towards biking groups and communities.

- By Ramneek Singh

ramneekTopic starter
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 09:43:53 PM »

congrats guys, our initiative got appreciated in the Bike India Magazine... We managed to get a 2 page special coverage in the March 2012 issue...

check it out -

Surya
Truly xKmphian

Biker Rating 205

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 119

Mood:

WWW Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »

Now that a real achievement, not only for xKmphians or xKmph itself but also for humanity. Well done guys.
ramneekTopic starter
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »

correctly said surya da...

Insane Rider
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 82

If you don't ride in the rain - you don't ride...

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 141 kmph on my R15 v2

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 01:14:48 AM »

hats off guys... Wasnt able to read the full log but whatever I witnessed in pics almost brought tears in my eyes. Wish sumday I become part of any such mission just to see a small smile of the needy people around

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory...
ramneekTopic starter
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »

Thanks buddy... It was just an effort from our side to do our bit for the society... Next year we can do the same on a bigger scale by simultaneously doing the same thing in all cities where we have active xKmph members... Think about it..

Insane Rider
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 82

If you don't ride in the rain - you don't ride...

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 141 kmph on my R15 v2

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 10:28:19 PM »

sure bro will think over it

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory...
viper
New xkmphian

Biker Rating 9

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 136Kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 02:14:31 PM »

still remember that that day was one of the best moment's of my life ....XKMPH FOR LIFE
satinder yatra
New xkmphian

Biker Rating 1

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 50 kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 02:29:48 PM »

Great Ride Justified for everybody. I am a new Member. Good to be a part of XKMPH. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
ramneekTopic starter
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1021

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »

Welcome to the community buddy..
Smiley

why dont u introduce urself in the Me,myself and my bike section.
here is the link -
http://xkmph.com/discuss/index.php?board=2.0

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CATCH XKMPH ON :

xkmph.com

All Rights Reserved by xKmph.com ( a part of xKmph India )
xKmph.com is proudly powered by XKMPH INDIA