Username
Password

Siliguri Carnival
The Proposal Ride
Journey To MalGudi Days by Tanmoy Das

*ShoutBox

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acing the unknown Biking Terrain of Himalayan Range.  (Read 15878 times)
Need for SpeedTopic starter
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 379

Live to Ride - Ride to Live

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 128 KMPH on Dazzler and 130+ on HD Super Low 883
Referrals: 3

Mood:

Awards
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:05:10 PM »

I, Need for Speed AKA Atanu Dey AKA Ironman, traveling to me is like inhaling fresh oxygen. It is important to me as other essential things, be it by Train, Bus, Car, Biking or Trekking. Trekking and Biking – these two are always enjoyed throughout my life. Already I have completed a good number of high Altitudes trekking such as Hemkunda & Valley of Flowers, Rupkunda and Kedartal.

But could not undertake a long bike riding experience before Muktinath because of family problems. Of course some short two-day trips to Ghatsila, Baranti and Malda were done by me but still I was not satisfied mentally. I had a long cherished desire to make a bike journey to Gurudongmar lake which did not happen, also due to my family. The journey to the lake was possible only by car accompanied by the family.

I was longing for a journey to a place which would be dreadful but beautiful and got to select such a place that did satisfy me. Mustang, the lonely planet is enriched with the generous gift of Nature. After visiting this place we realised that why the whole world is attracted to this place for adventure.

I tried a lot to get detailed information about that place but got only about trekking not much about Biking. So, I selected this place for starting my bike expedition.

I am very much thankful to my co-riders for their all-round support. Every one of us has already made bike tour for one two or three days but all of these were in plains or in plateaus. Since nobody of us had any ride in the hills this one had a special challenge to us.

We thank God for His blessings to make this journey for most successful and quench our long persisting thirst.

We, being xkmphian, also have been trying to exhibit unexplored places to all concerned. We ride this unexplored region 1st time in xkmph.com so hope not to dishearten you.

We are the TEAM the A-Team.
Our Beloved Santosh Ji From Patna

This is Me aka Ironman From Tamluk

Mr. Cool Rider Rahul aka Rahul_th From Howrah

Dont underestimate Him, He is Santu aka Kesto Mat....l.  Grin

Some words about the Place called MUSTANG.

A superlative mountain Biking in the kingdom of Mustang in the Nepal Himalayas. North of the Annapurna region in the Nepal Himalaya, the ancient and mysterious 'Kingdom of Lo' (the proper title for Mustang) is geographically and culturally a part of Tibet. Off-limits as a trekking holiday destination until a decade ago, this isolated kingdom of Mustang prospered in the 15th Century, when its strategic location enabled it to dominate the salt trade between Tibet and Nepal. The excellent drover's trail which cuts through Mustang, together with a number of impressive wayside inns, are a legacy of this trade and now make for ideal trekking territory too. Mustang allows us to explore a weird and wonderful landscape of eroded conglomerate cliffs, colored by natural earth pigments - reds, yellows, browns and blues. We will also be riding through a succession of picturesque white painted Mustang villages and Tibetan monasteries, set against a backdrop of the distant snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas. This enlightening adventure to Mustang in Nepal will surely appeal to those looking to explore a very special part of the Himalaya.

A few photos are uploaded now, Planning, Existing and Day to Day Log is coming soon.

Just Crossing after Beni.

Towards Tatopani.

Just Before Marpha Village.

After Crossing Marpha Village.

On the way to Jomsom.

On the way to Muktinath.

On the way to Muktinath.

Holy Muktinath Temple.

Back of Muktinath Temple.

Yes, we did it we missed u Santosh Ji. you are late.

Left Mt. Dhaulagiri.

The A-Team in front of Muktinath Temple Gate.

To my all loving Friends,

Here We Go..

There is always a plan. Even when there is no plan, there is a plan but this time there was actually a plan. When people make plans, they plan for the trip. Our plan for the trip was not really there, except that it was there. Confused? Even I am confused.

Coming back to the actual plan, it was for the Team "xKmph Kolkata". It started 2 and half months back.

Year 2013 I have no long trip this year excepting only Baranti and Malda each for two days. That’s why this year I began preparing myself for a long bike-riding tour. Only I was eagerly waiting for clearance from my family. Months passed by, summer ended, also ended the ‘Puja Vacation’, the whole year going to be ended no hope is found. Still, since Malda tour, I asked my co-riders to keep themselves prepared and the news would suddenly reach to those who would go. But uncertainty appeared when the ‘Puja’ also passed. Yet Rahul, Amit, Arijit and Arish these four had full faith on me. At last I could no longer keep myself bound within the embargo imposed by my family.

Day - India Bike Week - Kolkata, 2013

Today, I told everyone that our program was ready and would come to Xkmph Planning Section. Meanwhile, I became confused to select a suitable place among quite a few. Since I am also a trekker I wanted go to a place that would be new to all and yet would be full of natural beauty as well as adventure. So, I began to sort-out day after day. In this process I found a place that drew my full attraction.

In the country of Nepal the place is Mustang where there is a very holy place of the Hindus, Muktinath (Temple of God Vishnu). In this district of Mustang the world famous peaks like Annapurna, Dhoulagiri, Nilgiri, Machhapuchhare and many other famous peaks are situated. This is the famous Annapurna Conservation Area. Permission is required for entering this area.

Immediately I started enquiring about roads, but nowhere could get details. Only it could be known that adventure loving people from round the world mad about coming here and the roads are suitable for Riding. Only road from Beni to Muktinath is bad. “Cars go through that road” only this was enough for me to prepare our program. Also I enquired much about its natural beauty through internet.

Day 13th November, 2013

The whole program was posted to Xkmph Planning Section, and got response also and our program was scheduled from 14/12/2013 to 21/12/2013. Rahul, Amit, Arish and Arijit all four supported me fully. The rest was a history. Gradually, the Route Chart, Essential Documents (Self / Bike), Bike Checkup/Maintenance/Tools all were elaborately discussed. In between Santosh ji from Patna expressed his interest to go with us. He was incorporated in the group readily. He also confirmed on 3rd December that he got leave also. My excitement culminated and I was waiting for 14/12. In between all were informed details. Now came the bad news of non- participation of Arijit and Arish due to their family needs. We missed both of them throughout our trip. However, four of us remained firm on our program and decided to go. During this time I also began to be uncertain due to my family. Yet on 12th December I told Rahul that I was to go and on 14th I will reach the meeting point at 5 to 5.30a.m.

As the story unfolds, the plans will unfold...
For now, its time to begin.

The story of our journey.

Now Rahul Holds the Pen ...........

Name: Rahul
My ride: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350
Day: 0
Time: 18:00 hrs

My heart always goes ga ga before any kind of trip and this time it was pounding even harder and louder as this trip was not only my first hill ride but also would be the longest one, so u could guess what could have been my psyche.

My room was scattered with stuff that i need to take starting with tool kits, clothes, riding gears, dry foods, bungee ropes, foot pump, camera etc and i was struggling packing them. On my stereo was playing Paradise by Coldplay and my eyes were also on my phone as i was also waiting for a buzz from Amit (shantu aka kesto).
The plan was Amit will come to my place after office and will spend the night here to depart together in the morning.

It was almost 9 at night when my phone rang, i rushed to receive thinking that it was Amit but it was not his name on the screen but our (Ninja Chacha) Tarun. He asked what time would we be leaving the next day as he was also going to a short trip to Giridih and will ride with us till Jharkand. I told Tarun that we would meet Atanu Da (Need for Speed a.k.a Ironman) around 5am at NH6. He told that Atanu Da wont be able to turn up before 7 as he will be coming from Tamluk and he himself will join us somewhere.

After hanging up with Tarun it was Amit, he picked up and told that he was on the way and will reach soon. In the meantime I packed whatever I could to ease the later work after Amit's arrival.
It was par 22:30 when Amit arrived, we did all the packing whatever we could and it was time for an early bed, but sleep was nowhere! Our excitement was on the brimming threshold and eyes were still wide open, we chatted for a while with a glass of good luck charm for the lifetime of a TRIP ahead.

In between our Ironman called to check up on us and we told that everything is ready and packed and we r now celebrating with a drink, he advised not to have much as the day after we have to start early. We told him to chill as we will be on time and we also told him to give us a buzz when he starts from Tamluk, he agreed and hanged up.

We were so busy in our prattle that we lost the track of time and it was 00:30 in the clock, so we went to bed and crashed.

Day:1
Time:05:00 hrs
Target: Patna

I woke up to the buzz of my phone somehow i managed to grab it, with my eyes half open i saw the name Atanu Da on the screen, for a moment i was into oblivion. I swiped the screen and received the call and from the other end I could hear Ironman saying "Rahul where r u?" I replied with the same question, Atanu Da replied "i ve arrived at the meeting point, what abt u guys?"  I realised that we have screwed up and  we are late, I quickly replied Atanu Da "we will be there shortly" and hanged up. Amit was already up I told him "F*** man we are late lets rush, Atanu Da already arrived and waiting for us", "but he was supposed to buzz us before starting from Tamluk" asked Amit. I told: "he did and we missed it since we slept our ass off, now let’s roll ASAP".

It took us 30 minutes to freshen up and we started saddling up our bags on our bikes and since it was something we were doing it for the 1st time, it ate up 30 more minutes and though not properly done. In between Atanu Da called us thrice and everytime we replied "reaching in 5 mnts".
My mom flagged us off by pouring the holy Ganges water on our bike's tyres as a customary tradition for being safe on the roads and we rolled off somehow at around 6am.

After reaching the scheduled meeting point Ironman was nowhere to be found, he was not there and we panicked even the thought crossed our mind that he might have backed off from the trip and went home or went on with the trip solo and why not we were almost 1 ½  hour late.
I called him and Thank God he picked up and told us to reach Dankuni toll booth as he was waiting for us there. In no time we reached Dankuni with a feeling that Atanu Da would be furious and why not? We gave him every reason to be. When we confronted him he asked "do u guys realise how much late u are?" We apologized and was hoping for more from him, but he calmed down and said "ok lets take a photo or two and after that lets roll and we won’t stop before Saktigarh for breakfast as Tarun will join us somewhere in between or at Saktigarh". We realised that he might be the Ironman as a biker but from the inside he is very soft and calm. We silently nodded and pushed forward.

Now let’s talk about the cargo which we were carrying. Atanu Da gave us a list of approx 25 to 30 items including tool sets, dry foods, winter wears and precautionary items like rain coat, torch light, medicines etc, that we need to carry and accordingly the packing was done, leaving a thing or two which was impossible (at least for me and Amit) to carry.
With all included Amit was carrying 2 sacks, one he buckled up on his pillion seat and the other he had tied to the saree guard with a support on the foot rest of it. On the other hand I had buckled up a pair of saddle bag and a sack on my pillion seat, while our Ironman was only carrying a single small duffle bag which was almost 40% empty tied up on his pillion seat, which left us wondering that 'how come he could pack so light? What he took and what he did not?' The other thing which Ironman did was really innovative, he installed a mobile mounting device on his bike for GPS and himself engineered its wiring with the battery for charging which malfunctioned later but still it helped and was something very productive of him.

The mile munching just started, Ironman was leading the ride with me in the middle and Amit was tailing us. One could easily identify Ironman from behind by his unique helmet that he wears custom painted by himself and the visor is uniquely designed for him to see through and u wouldn't dare to guess the brand of it, kudos to our Ironman.
Our lights were on which attracted other commuter's attraction towards us as if we are a group of aliens who just landed from space with our space jets.
We were cruising with a speed of 90-95 kmph and almost within an hour we were at Saktigarh. We slowed down and were scanning the place for Tarun and within seconds we spotted him sprinting towards us from the opposite side of the road. He took us to the Balaji restaurant, his wife was also there. We had our breakfast with tea and rolled almost after an hour.

This time we were four of us on the road as Tarun joined us till Jharkand. Around 12:30 we were at Jharkand border and took a tiny tea and pee break as after this Tarun will take left for his destination to Giridih. After tea we waved off Tarun and moved forward.

It was in our mind that we need to gas up our bikes from Jharkhand as fuel price there is cheaper by Rs 9/- compared to West Bengal which we did from the very first petrol station en-route. Almost after several hours of riding on the butter smooth NH2, we were kind of bored as there was not much of activity, our eyes were fixed, no gear shifting, no throttle movement all of it went static to speed of 95-100 kmph, so we decided to take a photo break as we stopped at a roadside shade built of bamboo sticks and beneath it the locals there sells sugar cane juice. Atanu da utilised this break and went for a dump, making himself invisible amongst the roadside shrubs. After which we took some snaps, had 2 glasses of juice each and started from there with a decision not to stop before Gaya for lunch.

Then the moment arrived when we left NH2 and took the Gaya highway. The road was a both way but its condition was good and we were cruising with a speed of 65-75 kmph. Around 4pm we stopped at a roadside Dhaba in Dohbi called as Line Hotel in this part of the country as we were in Bihar.
As we parked our bikes, within moments people gathered around our bikes as if they were seeing something for the 1st time, we even faced funny questions as one of them asked "are you guys going for a cricket match?" As he thought our knee guards as cricket pads and even called our bikes "modba cycle". We enjoyed the conversation with the locals and after having lunch we started towards Patna.

Approximately only 140 kms was left that we had to munch to reach our destination Patna. After riding few kms it went dark, the road was unknown to us and its condition also deteriorated and we had to reduce our speed. When we reached Bodh Gaya city a hour later we faced heavy traffic which ate up a lot of time and after that Jahanabad which was also congested somehow we managed to overcome it and when we reach Zero Point (entry point of Patna) it was 8:20pm, where we were supposed to meet our 4th rider Santosh Ji a.k.a Guruji from Patna as he had accommodated our night stay in the city.

I called up Santosh ji, but a female received the call, for a moment I thought that the call might ve diverted to some other number but after telling my name I got an instruction to stay put as our Guruji is not at home and will call us momentarily. So we had nothing else to do rather than to wait, we found a tea shop on the opposite side of the road where we parked and had tea. After 15 mnts Santosh Ji called and told that he would be reaching us within another 20 mnts. Since we had more time to waste we utilised it by calling our home and informed them about our safe arrival at Patna.

Santosh Ji arrived on his Yamaha Fazer within the time frame, a small intro session went on as we were meeting him for the first time, after which we followed him to our accommodation.

Guruji accommodated us at his friend's place and allotted us a room. We freshened up and our dinner was ready, a zillion thanks to him for such an arrangement. After a brief chit chat and had drink (KALA KUTTA  Grin) with him and his friends about the trip we retired for the day and crashed as the day after we need to start early to reach our next destination Kathmandu.

Photos Of the Day 1

Sunrise at Dankuni Toll Plaza

That's my Ride

Me and Amit at Dankuni

LineUP Green Monster to Giridih

L->R Rahul, Me, Amit, Tarun at Saktigarh

RE 350

Somewhere at NH2, Jharkhand way to Patna

Somewhere at NH2

Butter smooth NH2

Near Pareshnath on NH2

Another View

Another view of Butter smooth NH2

New Friends @Patna. Santosh Ji's Place.

Day : 02
Time  : 05:00 hrs
Target : Kathmandu, Nepal
Date :15th December 2013

One of the mandatory rule for bikers on a trip is to start as early as possible, specially Myself and Amit prioritised it since we had a bad start the previous day. This time we woke up on time and found Atanu Da was up and was brushing his teeth, without delaying we freshened up and were ready for the road. In the meantime Santoshji arrived to check up on us and he was kind of surprised by seeing us all ready, he and his friend accompanied us downstairs to our bikes with our baggages and after that Santoshji rushed to his flat to be ready. He returned quite fast and by that time our bags were saddled up after which we helped him with his bag which was a large size rucksack totally not fit while u r on a long bike trip. Somehow it was done and we all were ready to roll, right then Santoshji offered us to have tea and we accepted it gladly as it was very much needed in that cold morning.

After that refreshing and wonderful tea from Mrs Santoshji we bid adieu to Patna and moved towards Muzaffarpur approx 90kms from the city which would be our 1st stop for breakfast. We were thinking that we would accomplish it within 1& 1/2 hrs but that didn't happen as the conditions were not riding friendly, the city was cocooned under deep fog resulting the visibility to almost null and on top of that the morning traffic was quite bad.

It took us almost an hour to reach the exit point of the city, as we were crawling on Mahatma Gandhi setu (a bridge) Asia's longest almost 19km stretch but its condition was more bad than worse due to lack of maintenance. The bridge is one way with 2 lanes on both side but traffic was moving through one side as the other side was closed due to work in progress as a result of which it took us almost 25 mins to cross the bridge to Hajipur.

The traffic smoothened a bit but the fog was still there and we were doing 30-40 kmph on the highway, we couldn't speed up not just bcoz of the fog as the highway on which we were rolling was not fully constructed there were diversions after every few kms where u need to be dead slow otherwise it could be fatal and we also faced a nasty jam after Hajipur which ate up a lot of time, all I could say that this 90km ride from Patna to Muzaffarpur we did not enjoyed and was quite pathetic.

When we reached Muzaffarpur the fog was gone, the sun was up and the weather was very pleasing, we parked ourselves at a road side dhaba for breakfast, we were hungry and those not so yummy parathas tasted yummy but the tea was quite good. We winded up with a photo session and started rolling again. This time we were on a 4 lane newly constructed super fine highway, on the mile board showed 65 kms to Motihari. I couldn't resist the impulse and throttled up to a speed of 100+ kmph, Ironman was riding beside me while Amit and Santoshji was tailing us.

We touched down Motihari within 45mins and our riding conditions changed drastically from a butter smooth highway to hell road and on top of that the traffic was a pain also the pedestrians have no sense, no traffic rules, total chaos. We dodged all kinds from every direction be it rickshaws, cycles, people, kids, cows, dogs, carts pulled by donkeys and what not an absolute anarchy and the traffic police were scratching their asses clueless.

Our entourage kept on moving forward towards our next stop Birgunj (Indo-Nepal border) which was still a far cry for us and the roads were getting more worse as we were munching those kilometres, desperately needed a butt break which we took at Sagauli approx 40kms before Birgunj. Starting from there we stopped at Birgunj at around 4pm for our permits.

The entry to Nepal was not like, that we had pictured, it was messy and dirty. There was this huge gate multi coloured as the entry gateway to the country. You would know that u r in Nepal also by seeing the registration plates of the vehicles passing by which are painted red and the numbers written in hindi on it. Right after crossing the gate Nepal Police stopped us beside a wrecked building and we realised that its the office for our permits. Ironman and Guruji went inside while me and Amit waited outside beside our bikes. Our permits were done within 40 mnts which costed us Rs. 2150/= for four bikes with an expiry till 21st December and we were good to go.

time was 5pm and it was getting dark, so we asked the locals about the distance to the capital city and the road conditions. We came to know that there are 2 routes to Kathmandu one is broader highway excellent road not so steep but long approx 220 kms and the other is a shorter route but narrow and a steep climb of only 80kms. We were kind of in a dilemma as this was our debut hill ride for all four of us and we aren't that experienced. Ironman suggested to move forward till we can and if it gets bad we can halt for the night somewhere in between. Agreed upon we moved forward with the longer route in our mind. Then came that moment when we were stranded in front of a mile board showing to turn left for the long  225 kms route and to move straight for the 140 km shorter route. We took a minute starred at each other and vroomed forward to the shorter route, a spontaneous reaction at that very moment.

In no time we were riding up hill, and taking those hair pin turns for the first time in our life and that also at night was cool.What more u could ask from the almighty as a biker? It was awesome and we were enjoying every bit of it except the view part we were missing due to night. Took a tea break at a place named Hetauda with some snacks and re evaluated our options for the night. Considering the riding conditions and our adrenaline rush we decided that we would ride till Kathmandu and wont halt anywhere before as it will help us saving a day.

According to the plan we pushed forward and after few kilometres again we were placed in front of a mile board which directed to take left for the longer 135 kms route and to move straight for the 82 km shorter route, quite obvious we took the shorter one which was (Kulekhani - Deurali route) and this route was more adventurous and fun, with more hair pin turns and narrower about 12 to 14 ft wide.  On that route again we take a Tea Break for 45min. After covering 2/3rd of the distance Ironman's battery malfunctioned as a result of which his eyes went off and we had to showed him the way with our lights. We had to reduce our speed due to the incident and we knew that we would be late in reaching our destination.

It was 00:00 hrs when we reached the capital city and it was deserted, there was not a single soul we could find on the streets to ask about hotels, a temperature display board showed 8 C. We rode about 20 to 30 kms that night in all directions within the city in search of hotels or anyone who could show us the way but in vain. Then we found a cab at a crossroad and the luckily the cabbies was also there, we grabbed the opportunity and asked him about hotels. He offered us that his charge would be Rs. 300 (Indian currency) and we need to follow him to a hotel. As if we had any choice! We agreed and started following him, after riding a while he took a turn to a narrow alley where we saw few lowlife junkies and prostitutes hanging out. I thought where is he taking us? Are we in trouble? Do we have to board in a whore house ? But nothing like that happened and he parked in front of a hotel exiting the alley and asked us to wait as he went inside to enquire. He returned with his thumbs down as the hotel was full like that after 3 or 4 hotels we finally found one with an empty room and paid a whooping Rs. 2500/- for a night and boarded in. It was 01:30 at night so room service was not an option for us and we were hungry so we had some dry foods that we were carrying with whisky as our debut hill ride celebration and right after without delaying we crashed as after few hours our journey will begin to Pokhra.......

Photos Of the Day 2

Our Ride is ready for Day 2 at Santosh Ji's Place

More Shot

Mujaffarpur (Breakfast Dhaba)

Infront of Bhansar Birganj

Infront of Bhansar Birganj

Infront of Tea Stall Hetauda

Infront of Tea Stall Hetauda

Tea Restaurant @ Kulekhani - Deurali route

Sorry for Late. You Guys Please Enjoy a Photolog from here...... If possible then i update the story later.

Day : 3
Time : 7 a.m.
Place : Kathmandu
Target : Pokhara
Date: 16th December 2013

After last day's long 17 hours of riding and that hotel struggle at night, we slept like a baby and as a result of which we woke up  a bit late in the morning. It was alright as our plan for the day was just to visit Pashupatinath Temple in the city and then straight to Pokhra which was only 212 kms ride, and we had time. After a warm bath we checked out and saddled up, called home from a calling booth and left the hotel on our rear view and started the day.

It was a bright sunny morning as we were on the streets of the capital city of the country. Its a large and clean city with nice roads, no traffic nuisance as everyone do obey traffic rules, no unnecessary honking, altogether we were enjoying the ride within the city. Ironman and Guruji was leading as the duo was doing the GPS job by asking people the way to the Temple.

There was this narrow inclined alley which was the way to the temple, very congested, shops on both sides, too many pedistrians, and right at the end we spotted a 2 wheller parking space where we parked. Guruji and Amit went to the Temple at first while me and Ironman guarded our rides. Some ladies as hawkers were selling pooja baskets filled with ingredients for pooja which we bought by paying Rs. 100/- (Nepal Currency) and waited for them as after which it would be our turn. After almost 40 minutes the duo returned with a sad face, while asking, Guruji said that they couldn't offer pooja as there was too much of rush and the main temple door was closed. We were kind of upset hearing this, but still we went to give it a try.
The entrance of the Temple was very crowded which was not surprising, there were cameras zooming and also police guarding for security issues. One hoarding was there in which written "only Hindus are allowed". Upon entering the police told us "No Photography" by seeing the mobile in my hand and I slipped it in my pocket. As we entered on the left hand side there were so many saints hanging out enjoying the sun and on the right hand side was a feeding zone for piegions and cows as people were offering grains to them. Right passing that we opened our shoes, deposited them at the counter and after which we were at the front of the main Temple and surprisingly the gate was open, so we hurried up and took the blessing from the Lord.

Continued ........

Morning a Very Good Morning... After Taking NAP after late night Hill Ride. It was really fun for us.

Our Hotel at Kathmandu.

Our Rides are Checked and ready for todays Fun.

After Solving the Road Puzzle we reached at Holy Pasupatinath Temple Gate.

Free Parking of Rides infront of the main Gate.

Opposite Side of Main Gate and our Entrance / Exit Road.

Some shots from inside of the Pasupatinath Temple.

Starting from there we stopped at a petrol pump to gas up our bikes and took the road towards Pokhra. Ironman stopped us after a while as he spotted a Honda service centre on the road where he needed to check up his dazzler as previously it was giving starting trouble but no wonder the trouble just vanished at the service centre as it performed optimally when the mechanics checked, really a ghost bike that dazzler is, and why not? as we all know, who does it belong to.........

Not wasting much time there as it was almost noon, we moved forward, realising that we need to put something on our stomach as we all were starving, as we left the city behind and we stopped at a little restaurant to eat and we know that whatever we will have there will serve as our breakfast and also lunch and our next proper meal will be at Pokhra which was still a far cry. We had belly full of chowmein which we concluded with a cup of tea, which was not at all bad and our stomach was happy.

Starting from there once we took the highway we were living a dream as the roads were broad and smooth with views all around was so mesmerizing, we all felt that we are riding in heaven and it was really an experience which every biker dreamed of with all those curves u take, with all those postures in the book and its a different thing when u do it on your own, experience it yourself, and man what to say the adrenaline rush that u feel through, when turn or twist that throttle was mind blowing and it was all happening with all four of us.... I cant express it more in my words as I aint any writer.....
We took 2 brief butt breaks between Kathmandu and Pokhra. The last place before Pokhra where we stopped was very beautiful and since it was dark the view was breath-taking as we enjoyed it over a warm cup of coffee. I guess it was almost 7:30 when we hit the town Pokhra, without much hassle we got a hotel and checked in. At the so called lobby of the hotel there was this exciting Honda (kind of Moped) parked and we couldn’t resist the urge for a photo flaunting on it, and we clicked few of it. We had ample time that evening so we enjoyed it over Rum, Ironman tried to show us how to make a burning stove by cutting beer can half, but eventually it didn’t work and we all cracked in laughter, just like that the day was over as we crawled to bed.

its a smooth Est West Highway.

Taking a View Point Break.

First view of Snow capped Mountain. and we are cheering.

Left towards Chitwan National Park and Right towards Pokhara.

We take Right Side Diversion.

Taking a Tea Break

Ready for takeoff.

Natures View.

Famous Manokamona Temple but unfortunately we reached at 5pm. It was the Closing time for Visit.

we parked infront of Manokamona Temple.

We all set for enjoying Hot Coffee at Road/River side Cafe in Moon Light. What a Feeling?

First Sip to Hot Coffee.

Then we start ride again and reached Pokhara at 8.30p.m.

we all set on a tinny 60cc. Bike. Ultimate Fun and we enjoyed fullest.

Parking lot of our Head.

and finally its time to celebrate / enjoy the day 3.

Its was a Great day we spend together.

Now Time for Good night. See You Next Day for Real Adventure.

To be continued .........

This is the First Travelogue from me so Please have patience and be with us.

New Country, New Unknown Terrain, First Time Hill Ride, First Time Night Hill Ride, Two Country, 9 days, 2900 KMs. and Four New Adventure Rider Explore the Un-Explored Places on behalf of xKmph.com

Continued here : http://xkmph.com/discuss/index.php?topic=4419
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:09:06 AM by santanu » Logged

ramneek
Global Moderator

Biker Rating 1032

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 112 kms/hr
Referrals: 0

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:00:10 PM »

I will keep a keen eye on this travelogue... The views, the challenge and the virginity of the place has left me asking for more... I wont be surprised if 4 or 5 years down the line this place will become the must visit destination for bikers from kolkata just like gurudongmar lake..

Keep it coming guys..

Life is full of downhill thrills and upwards climbs.. So just wear a helmet n enjoy the ride...
rahul_th
New xkmphian

Biker Rating 35

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 110 kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »

its true atanu da we aced Himalayas and not only the Himalayas we aced off roading too... Grin Grin
santoshez
Jr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 79

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 110

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:28:24 PM »

Thanks Atanu Da, to deliver a great opportunity and being a part of this trip, I 'd like to say  which I feel or learn  from entire trip to help other to help yourself.

Ride hard with Fun & care
Laser
Jr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 79

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 123 kmph

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 10:11:46 PM »

BANG ON GUYS Cheesy

Proud to be a Part of xkmph..................RIDE HARD Smiley
santanu
KEEP BIKING
Administrator

Biker Rating 3977

Ride Hard Ride Safe !!!

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 127 kmph in Karizma

Mood:

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 10:36:38 PM »

Ramneek i am also keeping an eye..  The place is just WOW....  would love to ride there any day Smiley

Hats off to the planning team to come up with an unexplored location of this type. Beautiful.. 

@atanu : just post the pics and logs. cant wait anymore.. Smiley

CATCH XKMPH AT

Tanmoy_Bleed_BLue
Jr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 65

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 124

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 12:42:20 AM »

When it is from our Aka Iron man then sure we will found lots of interesting incident from this log , bring it asap , Congo. to all of you guys for done such a wonderful trip Smiley Smiley

======= Riding is not my passion, it's Food for me ======
hoodibaba
Jr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 112

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): Restricted to 111 kms.

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 12:15:24 PM »

It is certainly going to be a great travelogue.  Good narration, good Intro and excellent pics. The team spirit that made this trip successful is amply evident from the start.  Congratulations to you all.

Waiting for more.

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GETS GOING
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 379

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »

Thank you Guys for your all round Support. We try our level best to pull off this place to you. Really it is a very unknown terrain for bikers. Upper Mustang is too much Adventures and also Dangerous.

@Ramneek. Santanu, Laser, Tanmoy and Hoodibaba Thanks to all of you and Please have patience and be with me. Day to Day log is coming soon.

@Rahul_th, santoshez and santu, me too grateful to you Guys. without your support it is impossible for me. Be Together and Ride Together.

SWARUP
New xkmphian

Biker Rating 20

@swarup

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 108

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 05:00:11 AM »

Awesome places , Great ride. hats off Guys.

Swarup Acharya
get2arijit
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 352

GRAB THE OPEN ROADS

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 124 KMPH

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 12:55:50 PM »

@Need_for_Speed:: - You are simply a genius, though you look so humble. We all admire you. Its a saying "When there is a WILL... There is a WAY." 
The WILL power of you guys, @Need_for_Speed, @Santu, @rahul_th, @santoshez , made the WAY for you guys.
As usual, I missed the best opportunity to ride with you superb guys , in this super-dangerous, enthralling, super-adventurous journey. Though my reasons always stop me from going forward.... but you guys were really un-stoppable..

Waiting for the pics and the details of this GRAND trip... for the 1st time... by xKmph-ians .

LIVE FREE..... RIDE HARD & SAFE
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 379

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »

Thank you Arijit. without team kolkata's support it is impossible for us. so thanks all of you.

santoshez
Jr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 79

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 110

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »

@Need_for_Speed:: - You are simply a genius, though you look so humble. We all admire you. Its a saying "When there is a WILL... There is a WAY." 
The WILL power of you guys, @Need_for_Speed, @Santu, @rahul_th, @santoshez , made the WAY for you guys.
As usual, I missed the best opportunity to ride with you superb guys , in this super-dangerous, enthralling, super-adventurous journey. Though my reasons always stop me from going forward.... but you guys were really un-stoppable..

Waiting for the pics and the details of this GRAND trip... for the 1st time... by xKmph-ians .
@get2arijit :: we all missed u during entire trip, however we should look forward in hope that we r in team ( xkmph), and ride together in coming good time.

Ride hard with Fun & care
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 379

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 07:49:38 PM »

Awesome places , Great ride. hats off Guys.

thanks swarup.

Truly said Santosh ji, we missed Arijit and Sab_arish during entire trip. hope ride together next time.

longtourer
Sr. xKmphian

Biker Rating 310

Max. Speed Attained(Kmph): 163kmph on Ninja250,138kmph on karizma ,114kms on platina125

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 09:48:04 AM »

keep riding , awesome ..
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CATCH XKMPH ON :

xkmph.com

All Rights Reserved by xKmph.com ( a part of xKmph India )
xKmph.com is proudly powered by XKMPH INDIA