The Indian Driving Licence can be obtained from any eligible authority (Two-wheeler license is issued by the Regional Transport Authority (RTO) to permit driving of only two-wheeler vehicles like bike, scooter and moped ) of any State/ Union Territory and is valid throughout India. There are many rules and guide lines for obtaining the Driving Licence and which are as follows :
1. The Licence of appropriate category is granted to the applicant when he/she reaches an age of 18 years for 50cc and above bikes/scooters and 16 years for less than 50cc bikes. They should also pass the essential test Ride.
2. The Driving License in India is segregated as Motorcycle License, Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) license, and Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV) License.
3. Learner’s License is issued after passing a theory test.
4. You can apply after 30 days or before 180 days after issue of L / License
5. The legislation of Driving License is done through the ‘Rules of the Road Regulation’ and the Motor Vehicle Act 1988.
6. The driver of the vehicle is required to keep the original copy of the license while driving.
The Documents Necessary for obtaining a Driving Licence are :
1. Age proof,
2. Residential Address Proof,
3. Medical Certificate,
4. Three stamp size photographs,
Remember, By Driving Without a Valid Driving Licence, you are violating the traffic law and under section 3 r/w 181 MVA you may have to pay Rs. 500/- and /or imprisonment ( 3 months). Always Drive with a proper licence and obey traffic rules.